[MPlayer-DOCS] r21462 - trunk/DOCS/xml/en/mencoder.xml

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Dec 3 13:52:39 CET 2006

Torinthiel wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 12:49:10PM +0100, torinthiel wrote:
>
>> -<title>Encoding from multiple input image files (JPEG, PNG, TGA, SGI)</title>
>> +<title>Encoding from multiple input image files (JPEG, PNG, TGA, etc.)</title>
>
> Wanderer, should there be a comma before etc.?

Yes. "etc.", being shorthand for "et cetera", can ordinarily be
considered a drop-in replacement for the phrase "and so forth"; a comma
*might* arguably not be strictly required with the longer form, but with
the short form I don't think there's any question.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.