[MPlayer-DOCS] Would like to translate documentation english->german

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Tue Aug 29 16:04:38 CEST 2006

> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 04:16:42PM +0200, Christian Obst wrote:
>>
>> I saw on the mplayer homepage that the german translation of the docs
>> is incomplete and that there is help needed. What do I have to do to
>> help?>
> Read
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/translations.txt
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/patches.txt
>
> if you haven't already.  Sebastian Kraemer maintains the German
> translation, you should try to get in contact with him to coordinate
> translation efforts.  The area that needs help is the XML> documentation. Files that still lack translation are mencoder.xml,
> cd-dvd.xml,> codecs.xml.
> I suggest that you tackle mencoder.xml, it's not too big.

Hi there!

Well, it's not that much missing 'til completion of German translation.
mencoder is missing one patch (and possibly some review) but it should be
complete otherwise.

> cd-dvd.xml is even smaller, but IIRC somebody may already be working on
> it.  Sebastian will know the details.
Well, in fact there is someone working on cd-dvd.xml who also wanted to do
codecs.xml. Unfortunately it is taking very very long so my proposal would
be to start with codecs.xml (as I said, cd-dvd.xml is being worked on)
I'll contact the person to hear about the current status and will also ask
if/how much has been done yet in case the are already translated chunks
for codecs.xml.
Also, I attached a patch that would sync mencoder.xml.
Christian, if fyou translate directly, just leave out the plus-characters
at every beginning of a line and I'll merge manually. If you're using
subversion, it would be nice if you could add the translation at the
appropriate location and send a patch to the mailing list. I'll review and
apply then.
Thanks!

Sebastian