[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en mencoder.xml,1.94,1.95

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 22:31:24 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 01:42:42AM +0200, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

>> +  As you can see, <systemitem class="library">libavformat</systemitem>
>> +  allows <application>MEncoder</application> to mux into a considerable
>> +  variety of containers.
>
> s/to mux/muxing/

I would have objected to the form you suggest if it had been present in
the original patch, and the current form is one I might have accepted as
an improved alternative. "muxing" is not the correct form to use in this
context; it becomes part of the noun phrase "MEncoder muxing", which
does not match cleanly with "allows" IMO.

>> +  Unfortunately, as <application>MEncoder</application> was not designed
>> +  from the beginning to support other container formats than AVI,
>
> to support container formats other than AVI

Originally this line had the word "other" in both locations, and I
thought it didn't really make much difference which one was dropped. If
you disagree, feel free to change it.

>> +  Please check to be sure that the audio/video synchronization is okay
>
> s/okay/OK/

...is this really the standard? If we were going to decide that only one
of the forms is acceptable, I would have expected it to be the other,
since it (currently, at any rate) seems less colloquial to me.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.