[MPlayer-DOCS] letter to distro mplayer packagers?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Nov 27 21:47:26 CET 2005

On Sunday, 27 November 2005 at 20:17, Jan Knutar wrote:
> On Sunday 27 November 2005 21:10, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>
> > Indeed. AFAIR we've agreed on vo=xv being a good default, haven't we?
> > vo=xv,x11 may be better still.
>
> Is there something wrong with omitting it completely?

Actually... nothing, it seems. Here's what my mplayer did after commenting
vo= from every config file:
open: No such file or directory
vo_mga: Couldn't open /dev/mga_vid
open: No such file or directory
vo_mga: Couldn't open /dev/mga_vid
tdfxfb: can't open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
[...]
VO: [xv] 624x336 => 624x336 Planar YV12

So it does the right thing when vo is not set. ;)

R.