[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.914,1.915

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Mar 17 14:39:00 CET 2005

Hi,

Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 02:48:33PM +0100, Jonas Jermann wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:19:27PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>
>>>Gonna commit some more now? :)
>>
>>Ehh, I'll be away for about 5 months starting next monday (army). :(
>

> :(
>

>>I might have some time after that but it seems that the mplayer
>>documentation already maintained perfectly by you. :)
>

> Thanks, but it still needs quite a bit of work.  While the man page is
> reaching completeness, it's still mostly too terse and needs some polishing
> touches.

Could you elaborate a bit maybe? What kind of improvements would you
like to be done? Longer/better descriptions of options? More examples in
the same sections as options descriptions?

> And the XML documentation is really in for a big overhaul or a
> rewrite from the ground up.

Wow... is it _that_ bad? I saw some really outdated informations, for
example, in the "codecs" file (the description of XviD for example, is,
I think, almost plain wrong).
I was wondering if I should update the XML doc when I see that some
informations are missing or wrong, without waiting for some comments on
the ML, while paying attention to feedbacks/comments I may receive about
this or that commit to further improve my commits?

In brief, could you tell me what you trust me for as I'm not a native
English speaker/writer?

> Besides, I have lots of things taking up my
> time ATM, not the least of which is the urgent fight against software
> patents, and am badly in need of somebody to offload things upon.

Ok, I'm not offering to do all of what you do when you're not so busy
(as I both don't have the time to do so, and I'm not as good as you are
in English), but I'd just want to offer my help if you can me point out
which precise areas of the docs could be updated by someone like me.

Regards,