[MPlayer-DOCS] XviD encoding guide

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:54:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/24/05, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 04:23:54PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> > Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > >I don't understand the word sensible here.
> >
> > I do - it's roughly a matter of, "its impact on quality is such that it
> > makes sense to use this option". The usage isn't the most common, but
> > it's certainly well within valid norms.
> >
> > The fact that someone of reasonable intelligence and vocabulary doesn't
> > understand it means that it might need to be changed anyway, however; I
> > didn't suggest any changes in my previous round of comments not only
> > because I wasn't sure it needed to be changed but because I couldn't
> > think of any good alternatives. Any ideas?
>
> I agree.  It's probably confusing to a lot of people.
>
> How about "positive"?

It's not quite what I meant here. Trellis a one of these options you
should never deactivate.
In the version I committed, I settled for "its impact on quality is
huge". Does that sound ok with you?

A woman isn't complete without a man.
But where do you find a man - a real man - these
days?
  -- Lauren Bacall
My answer: Only at #mplayerdev on the freenode IRC network.