[MPlayer-DOCS] XviD encoding guide

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 22:23:54 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 03:18:07PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

>> You should always leave it on as its impact on quality is very
>> sensible.
>
> I don't understand the word sensible here.

I do - it's roughly a matter of, "its impact on quality is such that it
makes sense to use this option". The usage isn't the most common, but
it's certainly well within valid norms.

The fact that someone of reasonable intelligence and vocabulary doesn't
understand it means that it might need to be changed anyway, however; I
didn't suggest any changes in my previous round of comments not only
because I wasn't sure it needed to be changed but because I couldn't
think of any good alternatives. Any ideas?

> Commit with suggested modifications.

I'll go back and look over the committed version later on - I have very
limited time before I have to leave for work this evening.

side of it.