[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/src news.src.en,1.200,1.201

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jun 20 23:24:06 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:18:10PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:29:34AM +0200, Diego Biurrun CVS wrote:
> >
> > -June. Its motto is "Where .com meets .org." and it is a mix between a
> > +June. Its motto is "Where .com meets .org." and it is a mix between a
>
> Is this kind of thing that ruins readability really necessary? I know
> no reason why literal quotes aren't allowed in html/xml except in
> contexts that are already quoted..

I'm not 100% sure about this.  In HTML it's probably no problem since
browsers can digest any amount of syntactic crap you feed them.  XML
engines tend to be much more picky.

Anyway, I think you're right, the tradeoff between formal correctness
and readability is probably not a good one in this case.

Feel free to revert (not with the command that has no name, though ;)