[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/help help_mp-en.h,1.177,1.178

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jul 30 04:42:27 CEST 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi, On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 04:45:53AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> "Also" - in addition to what? Unless someone can get this to make
>> sense, I'd prefer to drop that word entirely.
>
> That was just a last-minute addition. Adding scale at the end will
> actually help only in some very rare cases (actually the only case I
> know of if postprocessing + -vo gl/gl2).
>
> I just wanted to hint that this is not neccessarily the reason for
> that error message...

In theory that hinting would be accomplished by the use of the word
"try", i.e. indicating that this is not a guaranteed fix - but you know
what they say about theory vs. practice. I don't really like the current
form, and for that matter I don't think it actually accomplishes what
you're trying to do, but I'm not sure how to make the hint as explicit
as it would need to be without being a lot clunkier (and perhaps more
verbose) than is really appropriate.

side of it.