[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1049,1.1050

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 10:55:37 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 04:54:53PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Diego Biurrun CVS wrote:
>>
>>> +Intended to work even with the most basic OpenGL implementations,
>>> +but also makes use of newer extensions, allowing to support more
>>> +color spaces and direct rendering.
>>
>> "allowing to" is a mistake of some type; "allowing it to" would be
>> better, but the result would still be something I'd have wanted to
>> rephrase. How about "which allow support for"?
>
> Go for it.
>
>> Hmm. Vague memory (supported by a quick grep of the man page)
>> indicate that we use "colorspace" so far; we might want to drop the
>> internal space in that phrase, here.
>
> "colorspace" is the standard, yes.
>
> Feel free to directly commit these kind of changes without discussing
> them first, that's what we got you the CVS account for in the first
> place ;)

I do understand that, it's just that I don't yet have a sense for where
to draw the line of "needs discussion" vs. "incontrovertible" (to coin a
usage); for the moment I'm operating on the principle that, if I think
that a change is something to which someone might object, I want to give
people a chance to so object before making the commit.

In the cases at hand, there were the additional issues that 1) I wanted
to see if anyone had another suggestion for the phrasing, and 2) I
wasn't entirely sure that "colorspace" was the correct form. I'll commit
them on the morrow, when my Internet connection isn't being so
confounded *slow*...

side of it.