[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1029,1.1030

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 21:10:40 CEST 2005

Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

> +.B turbo=<0\-2>
> +Fast first pass mode.
> +During the first pass of a 2 or more pass encode it is possible to gain
> +speed through disabling some options with negligible to no impact on the
> +final pass output quality.

I'm not entirely happy about the phrase "negligible to no", but I'm not
sure what's wrong about it, and it's workable as it stands.

> +.PD 0
> +.RSs
> +.IPs 0
> +disabled (default)
> +.IPs 1
> +reduce subq, frameref and disable some inter macroblock partition analysis
> +modes

Documentation policy says that a full sentence (defined apparently in
practice as: one which contains a verb) should be capitalized and should
end with a period; the above contains a verb, "reduce", and so should I
think be brought into line with that rule.

> +.IPs 2
> +reduce subq and frameref to 1, use a diamond ME search and disable all
> +sub-partition analysis modes

The same is true here, which additionally contains the verb "use".

If you're going to say "sub-partition" here (and I'm not quite positive
what this means - multiple "analysis modes" which uperate below the
partition level? Multiple modes for "sub-partition analysis"?), you
should also say "inter-macroblock" above, I think.

side of it.