[MPlayer-DOCS] Need help documenting dsize

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 8 14:29:39 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:14:02AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> Oded Shimon wrote:
> >+.RE
> >+.IPs <aspect\-method>
> >+Modifies width and height according to original aspect ratios.
>
> Ratios, plural? If that's really what you meant, then I'm a little
> confused, since I wasn't aware that a single file could have multiple
> aspect ratios.

Yes, plural, it's the cause of the entire argument I had earlier about the
complexity of this patch. :/
There are 2 aspects - the original aspect, and the prescaled aspect...

i.e. for an NTSC SVCD file, the resolution is 480x480, but it's displayed
at 640x480. The original aspect is 1:1, but the prescaled aspect is 4:3...

The description of aspect_method shows that you can choose which aspect you
want...

- ods15