[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en mencoder.xml,1.75,1.76

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jul 6 21:52:39 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 10:40:00AM +0200, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

> +  * These resolutions are rarely used for DVDs because they are fairly low
> +  quality.

I'm sure there is a way to properly define footnotes in DocBook, but I don't
know it off the top of my head.

> +  For 30 fps material the largest allows GOP size is 18.

allowed

> +  This is acheived using the <option>-srate</option> and

achieved

> +  <option>-af lavcresample</option> options together.

Strictly speaking lavcresample is an audio filter so maybe we should not
call it an option.

> +  Note that mp3 audio is not compliant for any of these formats, but

MP3

> +  useful with MPEG-4, are not usable in MPEG-1 or MPEG-2.

usable with

> +  Also, if you are trying to make a very high quality DVD encode, it may
> +  be useful to add <option>dc=10</option> to lavcopts.

I'd put <option> around lavcopts, possibly in other places as well.

> +  VCD and SVCD supports MPEG-1 layer II audio, using one of

support

> +  or <systemitem class="library">libavcodec</systemitem>'s mp2 encoder.
> +  The libavcodec mp2 is far from being as good as the other two libraries,

MP2

> +  however it should always be available to use.

for use

Nah, not sure about this one, both should be OK.