[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en faq.xml,1.82,1.83

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jul 6 01:04:26 CEST 2005

First off: Good addition to the FAQ.

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 06:19:18PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

> +Since 1.0pre7, DivX encoded by <application>MPlayer</application>

MEncoder (+ some Cola for you ;)

> +cannot be watched on third party players because it sets 'FMP4' as a
> +FourCC.

Hmm, this is not really a question but an affirmative sentence.  I'd
say keep the Q+A style of the FAQ and rephrase this to be a real
question.  Something along the lines of

  Ever since 1.0pre7 third party programs fail to play MPEG-4 movies
  encoded by MEncoder.

OK, it's not a question, but you get my drift.

Another thing: I think we should try to avoid saying DivX when we really
mean MPEG-4.