[MPlayer-DOCS] Mandrake´s name change to Mandriva

Christian Korff christian.korff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:52:56 CEST 2005

Hello.

Maybe first a little instruction: I´m going to translate the MPlayer
documentation into German. I started to get in contact with the other
german translator. And so the story started. :)

I took a look at the manual/documentation (in XML) and noticed that
Mandrake´s new name wasn´t mention.
I think it doesn´t make sense to change the name of old distributions
that were called Mandrake but I would suggest to change the names
(Mandriva/Mandrake or where applicable just Mandriva) where Mandrake
reffers Mandriva or Mandriva including Mandriva and the old Mandrake
versions.

For the FAQ I found 2 points:
- a quote about gcc 2.96 and "idegs" (Since it´s a quote the only
question is if it makes sense to add a note that it´s now Mandriva)
- the complains about X11 libraries entry (distribution xyz calls it
xlibs-dev and so on)

For users-vs-dev.xml:
- same as the gcc 2.96 thing - it refers to the past and maybe a note
would be good (line 20)

For video.xml:
- First entry of the known problems and workarounds section

For codecs.xml:
- the section about AAC (binaries for mandrake) (line 865)

For ports.xml:
- link to a project that provides rpms for mandrake (and now mandrive) (line 61)

So I hope my mails is okay since I´m new to the mailinglist.

Christian Korff