[MPlayer-DOCS] http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Jan 20 12:43:19 CET 2005

On Thursday, 20 January 2005 at 08:52, compn wrote:
> on the rpm download page, where it says fc1, some users are confused
>
> [02:13] <Compn> download page links to official rpm for mplayer
> [02:13] <mykel> i saw those, but they didnt have rpm for fedora core 3.. i decided to be on the safe side and compile myself
>
> his gmplayer was freezing on run, dont blame me for suggesting rpm vs compile
>
> could you add 'this rpm works on fc1, fc2, and fc3' ? or is there some diff
> between rpm's on fc1/fc2/fc3?

Not really. It's just a matter of
$ rpmbuild --rebuild mplayer-1.0pre6-1.src.rpm
on the target system, and I don't have an FC3 box handy yet.

You can suggest that people get the source RPM and rebuild. Or use FC2
RPM. I'm in the process of migration to a new server and I'm preparing
a new build system, so I don't have time for this right now.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/