[MPlayer-DOCS] MPlayer bulgarian xml docs

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Sat Jan 15 18:48:53 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 07:16:44PM -0800, plazmus at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I was away for some days, sorry.
> I am sending the already translated xml documents. It's far from complete, but
> I think I may receive some useful critics. For the make process to work, I
> just added "bg" to the SUBDIRS list of master Makefile, and copied the
> Makefile form the en/ directory to the bg/. However the configure script
> assumes the version of xml-dtd is 4.1.2 and writes incorrect path in
>  main.xml, which requires manual edit to point to the correct version.

Then give us the path to your version, so that configure can detect it
and point to it. It's supposed to detect a working DTD and point to it
in main.xml (that was the point of adding that file anyway), and only
use fallback (/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd) if it
can't find anything.

> Konqueror needs explicit specifying of cp1251 encoding to show the HTML files
> correctly. The text-based links shows the files only with iso-8859-1.

See Polish and Russian translations on how to deal with this. Basically
you add one common .xsl file with the encoding mentioned, 2 more
including that file (for chunked and single-file builds) and mention
those in Makefile. Also I think you should mention the correct encoding
in <?xml?> tags at the beginning of each file.

And please change the <$Revision$> keywords at the beginning of all
files to 'synced with ...', as in other translations. The system is that
original English documentation have the Revision keyword, and all
translations have 'synced with', to show on which version the translation
is based. This way it's easier to keep things in sync.

> I'm using MPlayer (compiled with the Bulgarian messages) almost every day, so
> I found
> some spelling mistakes. I'm sending the file with the fixes.

A diff of existing help_mp-bg.h would be even better. And please don't
add trailing whitespace to the file.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl