[MPlayer-DOCS] install.xml bugfix

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jan 12 12:47:45 CET 2005

Jiri Heryan writes:
> Diego Biurrun napsal(a):
>
> >Also, please shorten these lines a bit.  They should not exceed 79
> >characters and possibly be shorter.  This way you can add words
> >without reformatting and diffs stay readable.
> >
> >>+<screen>mplayer <replaceable>dummy.avi</replaceable> -fps subtitles_fps -subfps avi_fps [-subdelay sec] [-sub subtitle_filename] <replaceable>-dumpmicrodvdsub</replaceable></screen>
> >
> Done. Previously I decided to stay in one line so as to avoid a mess
> with formating.

No, we've had a complete misunderstanding here.  I did not mean to say
you should shorten the line in <screen> tags, I was talking about the
paragraph above.  Adding linebreaks to the example command line is
absurd, since it will now get broken to three lines when it should
represent one line of command line input.  <screen> is something
similar to <pre> in HTML, you cannot just use linebreaks there, they
will appear in the output.  Also, you did not break at 79 characters,
but left far longer lines in there, so what was the purpose of that
exercise anyway?

> >Umm, why is -dumpmicrodvdsub in <replaceable> tags?  What should this
> >option be replaced with?
> >
> Because you may want convert a crappy microdvd subs into i. e. MPsub
> format instead. In this case you can probably avoid -subfps option, but
> i don't test it as far yet.

OK.