[MPlayer-DOCS] slave mode documentation

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jan 3 14:37:47 CET 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 11:26:59AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Here is the list of undocumented commands:
>
>   edl_mark

Seems to write the current position into the edl file.

>   panscan <value> [value2]

In addition to what I said in my previous mail:
<value> float value, between 0 and 1 if abs != 0, between -1 and 1
otherwise (other values are possible but make no sense and are clamped
automatically)...
[value2] should be better called [abs], if it is != 0 value will be
interpreted as absolute value, i.e. the panscan value will be set to
<value>, else new_panscan_value = old_panscan_value + <value>

>   dvdnav_event <value>

Will sent a dvdnav event ;-). Don't ask me what dvdnav is and if it's
supposed to actually work...

>   menu <value>

Used for navigating the OSD menu (if compile in). Currently <value> can
be on of:
up
down
ok
cancel
hide

>   set_menu <value>

Display the menu with the name <value>. Menus are defined in the menu
config (etc/menu.conf is an example of one).

>   help

Supposed to print help for the MPlayer menu console, nothing useful up
to now...

I'm not completely sure about the following ones, but here's what I
think they do:

>   exit

Exit MPlayer menu console.

>   hide <value>

Hide the menu, of value != 0 for the time specified by value in
milliseconds?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger