[MPlayer-DOCS] Re: video.xml issues

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Jan 2 14:18:37 CET 2005

Mizda Gábor writes:
> Hi & Happy 'n' MPlayerish New Year! :)

Same to you.

> I've finished the translation of the video.xml on New Year's day. Meanwhile
> I've found things in the original video.xml.
>
> I've got a patch with the usual whitespace cleanups. Attached.

Commit it.  There are some typo fixes in the patch as well.  They are
OK, just please separate them from the whitespace changes.

> I've got a little (understanding?) problem.
> The docs sais (sorry, I don't clean up the XML tags):
>
> <term><option>-vo
> dxr3:prebuf:sync:norm=x:<replaceable>device</replaceable></option></term>
>
> And after this it explains the options, like:
> <option>prebuf</option> turns on prebuffering.
>
> But!
> It sais:
> <option>overlay</option> activates the overlay instead of TVOut.
>
> Shouldn't the "overlay" be on the line? I mean it should look like [...]
> dxr3:overlay:prebuf [...].

I suppose you're right, so go ahead and fix it.  Best keep it separate
from the whitespace changes, though.

> I think. But I'm not familiar with these things, that's why I'm writing
> private.

Please don't hesitate to send this kind of thing to mplayer-docs.  I
think it's of general interest and hopefully somebody else can answer
as well (which helps offloading me ;-).

> The other thing: the G400 and the G450/550 part in the TV-out section
> looks quite
> outdated to me.
> It refers to the kernel series 2.2 and claims that there's no support
> for the TV-out.

Yes, like many parts of the XML docs it could use a refresh..

> I remember you've said you'll update the whole file sometimes, but I'm
> not sure.
> If you plan to do that then ignore this last one.

Dunno when I said it, but updating that file is not on my ToDO list or
at least there are a million things I plan to do before.  So if you
want to, go ahead ;-)

> I'm going to do the mencoder next, but now I'll do a little break (cca.
> 2 weeks),
> I've got some exams left. :(
> Updating will be done meanwhile.

OK, nice to hear you will finish this.  Maybe you could do tvinput.xml
first, it's very short and it's the last piece of MPlayer
documentation missing from the Hungarian translation.