[MPlayer-DOCS] main/TOOLS documentation?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Feb 19 19:53:11 CET 2005

VMiklos writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > "MPlayer sources" sounds a bit strange here, it does not convert
> > MPlayer source code, does it?
>
> what about "Converts DVD (or anything else that MPlayer plays) to (S)VCD"

better

> >>						  default is same as input
> >>						  format
> >
> > Why the linebreak here?
>
> i'm using a 80x25 console. if i don't put there a line break, then the
> line's length will be 81 character. but ok, i deleted

Hmm, you are using tabs in the README file, that's why you needed a
linebreak and I did not (tab-width=2).  I suggest you use spaces
instead.

> 2.3 mencvcd
> 	Author:		Jürgen Hammelmann
> 	Usage:		'mencvcd <basename> [mencvcd options] [mplayer options]'
> 			see 'mencvcd -h' for more info
> 	Note:		Requires mplayer, mjpegtools, vcdimager, cdrdao, and
> 			optionally lame, toolame and sox.
> 2.4 midentify

I suggest you put empty lines between program descriptions everywhere.

MPlayer

> 			Might be even more useful in combination with vo ggi to

Either '-vo ggi' or vo_ggi, I suggest the former.

> 			for mplayer and <files> can be either a list of files,

MPlayer

Do you want to finish documenting the other TOOLS or should I commit a
version in between?  As said before, the structure is not optimal
currently, but of course it's 1000x better than no documentation at
all.