[MPlayer-DOCS] main/TOOLS documentation?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Feb 16 02:54:47 CET 2005

VMiklos writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>  > Yes, great!  The TOOLS directory really needs a helping hand.  A long
>  > time ago VMiklos volunteered to help document it.  Now that we have
>  > two volunteers hopefully it will finally work out.
>  >
>  > Hit the keyboards, boys ;)
>

> huh, that was really long time ago :)

Yes..

> here is a draft for shell scripts in the TOOLS dir. if ok, i would
> continue with perl scrips and c codes, and finally with subdirs

Looks good overall.  I would put commands in ' '.

Also, while it's a start I would not classify the scripts by
programming language but rather by usage.  Categories that make sense
IMO would be something like "encoding", "MPlayer", "MEncoder",
"development", "testing", "benchmarks"...

> 2.2 fastmem.sh
> 	Author:		Probably A'rpi

Arpi

> 2.3 mencvcd
> 	Author:		Jürgen Hammelmann
> 	Usage:		mencvcd <basename> [mencvcd options] [mplayer options]
> 			see mencvcd -h for more info
> 	Note:		Requires mplayer, mjpegtools, vcdimager, cdrdao, and
> 			optionally lame, toolame and sox.
> 2.4 midentify
> 	Author:		ranma (full name?)

Tobias Diedrich, see AUTHORS.

> 	Desctiption:

Description

>	Runs mplayer -identify for all arguments while prevents vo window flashing.

.. while preventing video window ..

> 			mplayer-opts	anything you would specify to mplayer,

any options you would pass to MPlayer

> 					more than one file will usually not work

huh?

> 2.7 sws-test
> 	Author:		Michael Niedermayer

.. PNG images from a ..