[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1182,1.1183

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Dec 24 23:36:13 CET 2005

On 12/24/2005 11:13 AM, Ivan Kalvachev CVS wrote:

>  .B keyint=<0\-300>
>  maximum interval between keyframes in frames (default: 250 or one
> -keyframe every ten seconds in a 25fps movie).
> -Keyframes are needed for seeking as seeking is only possible to a keyframe, but
> +keyframe every ten seconds in a 25fps movie. This is recommended default for MPEG-4).

This needs an article - "a recommended default" or "the recommended
default" - unless you're going to rephrase further to something like
"recommended as the default". Also, why are you mentioning "default"
again immediately after having given it in the line immediately
preceding?

> +Most codecs require regular keyframes in order to limit the accumulation of mismatch error.

I've never heard of "mismatch error" in the context of video encoding
before, and on brief consideration of the term I haven't been able to
figure out what it would mean. It may not be strictly necessary to
explain it, since presumably the subject is gone over in places where
people can find it easily enough online, but I thought I'd point the
fact out.

> +Keyframes are also needed for seeking as seeking is only possible to a keyframe, but

I'd rejigger the pauses here slightly - comma after the first "seeking",
and change the existing comma to a hyphen.

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.