[MPlayer-DOCS] [RFC] Advertising Slave mode

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 23 20:43:00 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:31:02PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> mplayer-slave.1 (and maybe bind mplayer-slave to "mplayer -slave". I'm
> not sure if what I'm saying is clear, but I'm sure ppl see the point.

You lost me on the 'bind' thing.. (you do know that '-slave' is a
legitimate command line option?..)

I'm not sure if i preffer XML docs of man page for this thing.. i actually
preffer the text file.. Text files for me personally have the biggest
advantage of being the easiest thing to read, no special tool necessary and
very little is "enhanced" by using other formats... but I do see your point
in it not being popular...

MPlayer doesn't "spam" man pages all over, and I kinda like that, so my
vote is XML docs... (and obviously put a mention in the man page in the
-slave option.. come to think of it, I just remembered, slave.txt is also
mentioned there... how could people possibly be missing it if they are
using -slave if it's right there next to the option??..).

BTW, slave.txt (or the XML when it exists, whatever) should be mentioned
when input.conf is mentioned in the man page, cause it's also very relavent
for input.conf (and actually is more important to (l)users...).

- ods15