[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1056,1.1057

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 05:48:43 CEST 2005

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi, On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 04:10:23PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Too late, I'm afraid... already committed. Sorry... the potential
>> for this kind of "you should have waited" is why I kept making my
>> previous type of "here's a suggestion" replies, and when I got told
>> "you can just commit these without waiting for discussion",
>> apparently I swung too far in the other direction.
>
> IMHO not. This is not like with code where a little error can break
> the whole program, or where it is important to have clean diffs
> between the revisions, so I can't really see much point in posting
> most DOCS patches before applying, you can comment as well on the
> cvslog mail (as long as you ignore the fact that reverting/fixing
> that commit later is some work too *g*).

If the patch is extensive, and/or you're unsure about its contents,
and/or you want it proofread (etc.), then there can be a point to
getting comments before applying. Thanks for the input, though; I'm
still trying to work out where the boundary is, and various people's
viewpoints can be helpful.

side of it.