[MPlayer-DOCS] Need some tips on how to make fancy tables with XML

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Sun Apr 17 23:21:46 CEST 2005

Hi there,
I'm working on merging Rich's encoding guide into the XML doc.
I have started with writing sort of draft in HTML as I master HTML
better.
Attached are the HTML draft of the section on which I'm working, and the
patch against the XML doc.
The problem I have is that I don't know how to make a cell span over
several other cells.
Do you have any idea?

The other problem I have is that I'd like to be able to say: "this cell
has its background of this color" (for example, cells with a "C" on it
would have a red background, whereas a cell with a "L" would have a grey
background.
All that makes sense to me in the context : we're talking about
colorspaces, but AFAIK, the whole idea of XML is to separate display
from content, so I don't know how I'm supposed to handle that.

Could you give me a hint in how to handle this?

Regards,
Guillaume