[MPlayer-DOCS] encoding guide draft

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Apr 4 12:01:32 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:10:57AM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2005 2:46 AM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > Rich, I like this very much, we need to find a way to integrate it into
> > our MEncoder documentation finally.  Guillaume, does this sound like a
> > task for you?
>
> Yes, I can certainly do that.

Good to hear.

> We'll have to make some decision on how
> to organize the new guide as it will be substantially bigger than the
> old one (if the outputted HTML could be spread across several files, I
> think it would help readability).

That's certainly possible.

> I guess the best thing would be to take the best of both worlds, but
> that'll require a little more work than a simple copy/paste + XML
> formating.

Sounds like a plan.

> Here's what I think I'm gonna do:
> Merge Rich's guide into the XML section by section, starting with the
> ones that I'm comfortable with (like cropping, scaling...).
> The one(s) I'm not comfortable with is the section about pulldown, as
> to the best of my knowledge, there's already a fairly big explanation
> of proper pulldown on the docs, so I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to
> extract the relevant new informations to put only those on the XML.
> I'll see how it goes.

Start like this, we can worry about the tricky parts once we arrive
there.

> > I have just reread the guide again and found a few more typos and minor
> > glitches, here it goes:
>
> Would you append to have a corrected draft on hand that you could send
> me (on private mail for example)? If you don't that's fine too, it's
> just that whenever you might save some of my time, it means more time
> I can put toward working on the guide.

No, I just read it and added my corrections inline in the email.  You'll
have to extract my corrections from there.  If it's too much of a bother
I can provide you with a version of the draft that includes the fixes,
although I doubt this will save you much work.