[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/it mplayer.1,1.16,1.17

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Sep 23 15:41:42 CEST 2004

Daniele Forghieri writes:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> >Daniele Forghieri CVS writes:
> >
> >> .B lavcdeint
> >>-Utilizza il filtro di deinterlacciamento di libavcodec.
> >>+filtro di deinterlacciamento di libavcodec.
> >
> >Leave out the period, there is no verb.
>
>     Why ?

It's not a complete sentence (it lacks a verb), so it should neither
be capitalized nor have a period at the end.

Also, it's like this in the English original.

> >>+.SS toolame (\-toolameopts)
> >>+.
> >>+.TP
> >>+.B br=<0\-384>
> >>+specifica il bitrate in kBit (solo CBR).
> >>+.TP
> >>+.B mode=<stereo | jstereo | mono | dual>
> >>+seleziona la modalita' (default: mono per l' audio con un solo canale,
> >>+altrimenti stereo).
> >>+.TP
> >>+.B psy=<0\-3>
> >>+modello psicoacustico (default: 2).
> >>+.TP
> >>+.B errprot=<0 | 1>
> >>+inserisce anche la protezione dagli errori.
> >>+.TP
> >>+.B debug=<0\-10>
> >>+livello di debug.
> >
> >Please follow proper capitalization rules here.
>
>     I try to make this the same as the original.

I already fixed this in the original.

> >>+0: solo halfpel.
> >>+.br
> >>+1: 1 iterazione di qpel sul candidato prescelto (default).
> >>+.br
> >>+2: 2 iterazioni di qpel sul candidato prescelto.
> >>+.br
> >>+3: halfpel su tutti i tipi di MB, qpel sul candidato prescelto.
> >>+.br
> >>+4: qpel su tutti.
> >>+.br
> >>+5: piu' iterazioni di qpel.
> >
> >All of the periods you added here look wrong.
>
>     Why ?
>
>     What's the rule to follow for the capitalization and for the period
> at the end of the sentence ?
>
>     From release to release I found some sentence that were uppercase
> became lowercase and viceversa and sometimes it's not clear which is the
> rigth ones.

As stated above: Complete sentences should be capitalized and have a
period at the end.  Complete sentences are those that come with a
verb.

This is a complete sentence.

this sentence no verb