[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.735,1.736

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 19:07:37 CEST 2004

Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

>  .B nssew=<0\-100>
> +If you prefer to keep some noise in your encoded video rather than
> +filtering it away before encoding, this setting controls NSSE weight,
> +where larger weights will result in more noise.
> +0 NSSE is identical to SSE.

Not exactly ideally phrased; the setting controls NSSE weight regardless
of what the users prefer, it's just that they don't have to use it if
they don't want to. Perhaps the simplest fix might be to use "For those
who prefer to"...? (Then again, the setting also controls that weight
for those who don't prefer to, so the problem is just placed at a
slightly greater remove.)

side of it.