[MPlayer-DOCS] Better doc for dia lavc option

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 21 01:20:08 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> 'Nite
> Thanks to Loren Merritt, here's a better description of lavc's dia.
>
> Please review, give feedback, nitpick ;-)

> +Bigger diamonds allow a wider search for the best motion vector,

Just to clarify something I found confusing when I read descriptions of
motion search before I RTFSed, which should probably be written somewhere:

Motion search is an iterative process. Using a small diamond does not
limit the search to finding only small motion vectors. It's just somewhat
more likely to stop before finding the very best mv, especially when noise
is involved.

--Loren Merritt