[MPlayer-DOCS] Re: Czech translation of manpage, synced with 1.717

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Sep 20 18:09:48 CEST 2004

Jiri Heryan writes:

> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> >I'm experiencing some very strange problems with this file on my
> >machine, if I type man ./mplayer.1 I only get to the following
> >paragraph:
> >
> >  VOLBY OBECNÌ
> >       Kadá  'flag'  volba  má svùj 'noflag' protìj¹ek, èili protìj¹kem volby
> >       -fs je -nofs.
> >
> >       Pokud je volba oznaèená jako (pouze XXX), pak bude pracovat jen v  kom-
> >       binaci s volbou XXX nebo pokud je X
> >
> >Below that the man page appears to be cut off, I cannot scroll
> >further.  I'm mystified, does anybody have a clue what might be going
> >on?
> >
> >silver:/usr/src/mplayer/main/DOCS/man/cz$ man --version
> >man, version 2.4.2, 2003-09-20
> >
> Have you Latin2 console fonts installed? My experience is groff depends
> on console font and broke pipe, if can't find proper symbol.

I'm not sure, could you provide me with a font name that works?

I still cannot (really) get it to work:

uxterm -font "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso8859-2"

gives millions of these warnings:

DOCS/man/cz/mplayer.1:687: warning: can't find numbered character 237

but at least it goes past that line.  If I use xterm, rxvt or
gnome-terminal it does not work.

Hmm, I think I found the reason, it seems to conflict somehow with my
locale setting en_IE at euro, which used to be necessary to have the euro
sign.  I think it works without this now.  Thanks for the hints
anyway.