[MPlayer-DOCS] Re: Book on MPlayer

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Sep 10 15:01:36 CEST 2004

John Mark Walker writes:

> I am the Acquisitions Editor for No Starch Press. MPlayer is an
> interesting project, and I've been using the software for at least 3
> years now. I am trying to figure out if now would be a good time to
> develop a book on MPlayer. Do you have any idea how many downloads
> there are, on average, per month?

Here are some statistics for the year 2003:

http://mplayerhq.hu/wwwstats/

> Assuming that the time is right for a book, do you know of anyone
> that would like to write one?

Judging whether the time is right for a book on MPlayer is difficult,
but the present does not look like a bad time for a book on MPlayer to
me.

I might be interested in writing that book and I believe some of the
other documentation writers will be interested as well.  People, speak
up :-)

A few more details on how you handle book publishing would be most
welcome, like what you expect in which timeframe, size of the book,
how you handle copyrights, which license the book will be under,
remuneration, etc.

Regards

Diego Biurrun