[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.706,1.707

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Wed Sep 8 23:38:15 CEST 2004

Le mer 08/09/2004 à 16:43, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> > I know what you mean, but I don't think that it would be correct.
> > xvid4conf allow transcode users to set all XviD options with a nice GUI,
> > and it just happens that it has a matrix editor. That's why I wrote: the
> > matrix editor of xvid4conf. ;-)
>
> Then I'd say "with the matrix editor of xvid4conf".  The rule being
> that only persons get the genitive "'s" while "X of Y" is used for
> inanimate things.
>
> > Other than that, all changes have been made, I guess I should commit
> > that since those are minor fixes.
>
> Yes, commit.

Well, I guess this morning I was kinda too much in a hurry to leave
home, and maybe too confident I had it right, so I committed changes
without modifying the sentence about "xvid4conf's matrix editor"...
which ended up pleasing "The Wonderer", who seem to be the reference on
"weird English constructions" ;-).
... and if you have a look at previous commit, you'll see that my
original sentence was The Wonderer suggested.

It's goo to see that sometimes, I'm not "all wrong" ;-)

Regards,