[MPlayer-DOCS] clarification of -lavdopts NODAEMON NOVIRUS

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Sep 6 01:58:25 CEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:11:01AM +0200, Sebastian Krämer wrote:
> Hello colleagues!
>
> As I was going on with translating/updating the english manpage to german, I'm
> having problems with two options under the -lavdopts section (see lines 2900
> and following):
>
> >8: MB type
> >.br
> >16: QP
>
> What do these abbreviations mean? Maybe we should update/clarify  these also
> in the english manpage. On the other hand, someone who's manually debugging
> will know what it means wouldn't he ;)
>
> Sebastian
>
> PS: What could be wrong with my kmail-settings, my mail got blocked :-/
> >Your mail has been blocked by the procmail rule FROM_DAEMON
> May mailer wouldn't be blacklistet?!

i believe the problem is that the local part of your address is
"mail". this name is usually reserved for the mail server itself, so
procmail considers it to be automated mail from the daemon, and mphq's
procmail rules are setup to reject such mail (since it's usually from
misconfigured mail servers sending bounce notices or fake virus
notices to the list).

rich