[MPlayer-DOCS] manpage, swedish translation

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 26 11:41:01 CEST 2004

Torinthiel wrote ( On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 07:21:38AM +0200 ):
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 12:23:01AM +0200, Carl F?rstenberg wrote:
> > oops, forgot your first question, -L is Language and -l is local file
>
> Then they sort of broke man. Version I'm using (1.5m) just looks in
> standard locations normally, and assumes it's a local file if name
> contains '/'. That's quite sensible ;)
> But I'd like to have -L.

They didn't break man, and they can't do it as you never know what
is man on every system or at least they can't break it globally even
if they wanted...

And you guys have 2 different implementations afaict from a quick research.

The one goes under man in the FSF directory and the other as man-db.
The man-db package does provide a man utility with the -L option to
choose a locale and although it has the -l option for local mode it
doesn't have to be specified as it seems smart enough to guess like
the other man utility, maybe it is a not noticeable amount faster when
given -l but i dunno who is interested in it is free to rtfs.

  Alex (beastd)