[MPlayer-DOCS] manpage, swedish translation

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Oct 25 01:32:59 CEST 2004

Carl Fûrstenberg writes:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:59:36 +0200, Carl Fûrstenberg <azatoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:43:57 +0200, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> >
> > > It's in unicode, rejected.  Please stop sending unicode stuff here, it
> > > breaks on non-unicode systems.
>
> the problem is that more and more is using utf-8 enabled terminalt,
> and then they won't be able to read the manpage. I'm using utf-8 so
> now I can't see non us chars ehen I'm proofreading the manpage...
>
> but, could it be possible at installtime to automatic recode it to
> unicode if user want's so? if the system is somewhat new. (it should
> be unicode per default, but if you dont want so I have to accept that)

I must admit that I don't have an educated opinion about unicode yet.
For now I would guess that unicode is more the exception than the
norm, although I might surely be wrong about this.  So for now I take
the (admittedly arbitrary) decision that it has to work on my system,
which does not yet have unicode capabilities.

Diego

P.S.: Carl, could you please quote only what is necessary for context
and especially cut out mailing list footers.  That would improve the
readability of your messages and make them look more professional.
Thanks.  (If you have already taken up this habit, please disregard
this.  I've seen better quoting on some of your last mails but not
everywhere)