[MPlayer-DOCS] Proposal: split manpages

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 22 20:17:55 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 07:24:16PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > first we have row 4762 to 7133 that is mencoder only, then it's a lot
> > of sections marked mplayer only. also it's many places thats marked
> > only suitable in mplayer/mencoder.
> >
> > I just proposed to split out everything that was mencoder only to a own
> > manpage.
>
> We've been discussing it with Rich in another thread (last month?)
> and on IRC. There was an idea to split some common parts like
> codecs, filters and audio filters into separate manpages. Rich, are
> you still in favour of that?

iirc i was never in favor of it, but i might not be too opposed if
it's done in a sane way. but i really juet like being able to run "man
mplayer", hit the slash key, and instantly find any topic i want for
mplayer or mencoder. breaking up into lots of little man pages makes
finding the info you want a lot slower!

rich