[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.779,1.780

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Oct 20 00:59:54 CEST 2004

Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> Le mar 19/10/2004 à 01:00, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> > Guillaume POIRIER writes:

> > > I just checked... both work, so I don't know which one to put on the
> > > description... probably lavc as it's shorter, and clearly refers to
> > > libavcodec...
> >
> > Wrong.  It has to be -vfm ffmpeg, -vfm lavc does not exist.  Look at
> > the output of -vfm help.
>
> ... but it works (I just re-tested a minute ago)! Is that a problem
> maybe?

Look more closely at the output.  MPlayer does not complain (maybe it
should) but it does not force the FFmpeg decoders with -vfm lavc.  Of
course you need a file where FFmpeg is not the default anyway.  Here
is a snippet from when I play a WMV2 file:

Trying to force video codec driver family lavc...
Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
Decoder supports the following YUV formats: YUY2 IYUV UYVY YV12 YVYU I420 YVU9
Decoder is capable of YUV output (flags 0x7f)
VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240 (preferred csp: Packed YUY2)
[PP] Using codec's postprocessing, max q = 4.
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xmga] 320x240 => 320x240 Planar YV12
[mga] Using 3 buffers.
Selected video codec: [wmv8] vfm:dshow (Windows Media Video 8)

It uses the dshow codec family.