[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.779,1.780

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 19 01:49:39 CEST 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote ( On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 01:02:34AM +0200 ):
> Guillaume POIRIER writes:
> > >
> > > It's better, at least I can understand it.
> > > Torinthiel
> >
> > I just re-read my suggestion, and I'd like to suggest something else:
> > As decoding with XviD tends to be a bit slow, you might want to use
> > libavcodec's -vf pp filter and -vfm ffmpeg decoder instead.
> >
> > Is that any better? (I don't quite like to say that XviD decoder is a
> > bit slow, but I don't quite see how I may put that in a "smooth way")
>
> Just say it in a positive way then and state that lavc is faster
> instead of XviD being slower.

yeah, maybe better though i think it wasn't really offensive before.

But i would suppose to change at least the part at the end to this:

As decoding with XviD tends to be a bit slow, you might want to use
libavcodec's postprocessing filter ( see -vf pp ) and decoder
( see -vfm ffmpeg ) instead.

for the sake of being more clear and easy to understand.

But wait for Diego to do his consistency nitpicking first.

  Alex (beastd)