[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.758,1.759

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Oct 2 11:01:45 CEST 2004

Hi,
Le ven 01/10/2004 à 22:09, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> Maciej Paszta writes:
> > On Friday 01 of October 2004 10:29, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:
> >
> > > +Three pass and x264 support being quite recent in MEncoder, we welcome any
> >
> > Maybe:
> > Three pass and x264 support is quite recent in MEncoder
> > sounds better?
>
> Three pass encoding is not exactly new, only in combination with x264.
>
> So I'd say
>
>   x264 three pass support being quite recent..

I guess it's more appropriate here. The "nice" thing about my
"maybe more" ambiguous phrasing is that users might understand it as:
"send us your killer combinations of encodes options, x264 still needs
tuning"...
But in a certain way, I guess users usually discuss that in the user mailing
list, so maybe we'll get that kind of feedback anyway, I don't know.

Anyway, I fixed that on my tree.

Thanks,