[MPlayer-DOCS] Hungarian translation

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Oct 2 00:47:25 CEST 2004

Exit writes:

> I read on www.hup.hu that tha Hungarian Documentations of MPlayer
> are not complete / up to date. I'd like to help but don't know
> where to start or what to do. Can anyone help me?

Sure, you've arrived at the right place.

> I read Diego's howto about translation:
> http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/translations.txt
>
> Any help would be welcome.

What is still unclear after reading the HOWTO?  I need to know so I
can fix it.

There are four parts of MPlayer that are in need of translation:
console messages, manual page, XML docs, homepage.  Choose one and
start translating.  All of them are quite outdated.  Most important
and least work are the console messages, so you could start with that.
The most work is probably the man page, since it is being worked on so
actively at the moment.  The XML docs are larger, but currently only
occasionally updated.  Most of the homepage is also rather static,
maybe with the exception of the news page.

Ideally you should try to get some more people to work on the
translation.  Experience shows that translations work best when done
by a team.

The best thing would be if you could stick around to maintain the
translation.  If you cannot do this then you should tackle the more
static parts.