[MPlayer-DOCS] homepage build system

Josh Varner jlvarner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:23:20 CET 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:11:17 +0100, Torinthiel <torinthiel at megapolis.pl> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 09:08:19AM +0100, Torinthiel wrote:
> > As discussed with Diego, I've been trying to reimplement homepage
> > generation based on make.
>
> And I really should attach my work ;)

In Makefile.new in the definition for lang-def you have the following line:

$(foreach lang, $(TRANSLATIONS),$(eval $(call lang-def,$(lang),$(1))))

where you are using eval. Then you call lang-def in this foreach with
another eval.

$(foreach design, $(DESIGNS),$(eval $(call design-def,$(design))))

The foreach in lang-def could be a simple string expansion that gets
evaled by this second call. It could be that the nested evals are
causing some weird make bug to show up. the eval construct is new
enough to still have kinks that need to be worked out.

One thing to try is unrolling the evals to see if it works.
Josh