[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/images arpi-s.jpg, 1.1, NONE arpi.jpg, 1.1, NONE hq-small.gif, 1.1, NONE hq.gif, 1.1, NONE lgb-640k.jpg, 1.1, NONE poncso.jpg, 1.1, NONE team.jpg, 1.1, NONE torgyi.jpg, 1.1, NONE

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Nov 7 03:17:56 CET 2004

Arpi writes:

> > > Users would have been too afraid of flames to complain if so :-)
> >
> > Oh yeah, and there's that, too.
>
> rotflmao!
> (i've imagined an average mplayer user, keeping the biggest secret ever
> deep inside his soul: he is offended by faq2 but he is not brave enough
> to tell anyone... oh, dear. you need a doctor!)

People really are/were turned off by MPlayer's image.  I've talked to
several such cases.  Interesting was also a talk I had with Reimar and
Alexander Strasser and a German (sorry I forget names so easily) that
had lived in Hungary for several years at the LNM award show.  He told
me he had talked to many Hungarians who used xine because they hated
you personally.

I'm not even judging whether this is good, bad or just WTF, but it IS
a reality.