[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/images arpi-s.jpg, 1.1, NONE arpi.jpg, 1.1, NONE hq-small.gif, 1.1, NONE hq.gif, 1.1, NONE lgb-640k.jpg, 1.1, NONE poncso.jpg, 1.1, NONE team.jpg, 1.1, NONE torgyi.jpg, 1.1, NONE

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Nov 5 03:59:42 CET 2004

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski writes:
> On Thursday, 04 November 2004 at 01:39, Gabucino wrote:
> > Attila Kinali wrote:
> > > * Diego has deleted the funpages. Nobody complained at that time
> > >  (at least i dont remember anyone)
> > Not true.
> >
> > --- Day changed Thu Sep 09 2004
> > 23:57 < Gabucino> pity diego removed these pages
> > 23:57 < Gabucino> bestofmplayer
> > 23:57 <@dalias> i want to put faq2 back
> > 23:57 < Gabucino> i want funpage and bestofmplayer back too
> > 03:26 <@dalias> except diego rm'd bestofmplayer.html :(
>
> Translate it to English and I'm all for it. Otherwise it shouldn't be on
> the homepage. FAQ2 was indeed rude and tasteless sometimes, but I guess
> a little user flaming doesn't hurt anyone. Just make sure authors' names
> are visible, so people know who to blame. ;)

The problem is that while some people do like it quite a few others
oppose it.  IMO homepage content should not "divide" developers but be
instead something they all endorse and can live with.  This is clearly
not the case for faq2.  Yes, this kind of compromise may mean settling
for the lowest common denominator.  (Pieces expressing individual
opinions are a different story.)