[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: homepage/images arpi-s.jpg, 1.1, NONE arpi.jpg, 1.1 , NONE hq-small.gif, 1.1, NONE hq.gif, 1.1, NONE lgb-640k.jpg, 1.1 , NONE poncso.jpg, 1.1, NONE team.jpg, 1.1, NONE torgyi.jpg, 1.1 , NONE

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Nov 2 17:40:41 CET 2004

Hi

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 13:57, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Arpi writes:
> > > Arpi, you don't have to like what I do, just as I don't like some of
> > > the things you do.  But you have to come to terms with the fact that
> > > you stepped down and are no longer in control of MPlayer.  Some things
> > > are done differently now and you will have to accept that.  Trying to
> >
> > i dont try to control mplayer. i just thought i had some copyright of
> > some things i (or we, with my friends from old-team) made in the past.
>
> What's your point?  Do you feel I (or we, with my friends from the
> Neu-Team) infringed your copyrights?  How?

dunno, IANAL, but removal could be considered a modification ...

[...]
> > maybe it's time for the neu-team to move back to sourceforge,
> > and leave the old ppl alone.
>
> Or maybe it's time for both factions to quit monitoring each other's
> activity and coexist.  Is it possible that we could just ignore each
> other?

i guess this depends upon how u define 'ignore' and 'coexist', if removal of
some pages is not part of it but complaining is then it wont work i guess,
and if removal of stuff is part of it, well ...

anyway iam not a member of neu-team, and neither do i care strongly about
these pages though i think they where funny and enriched the documentation

> > > simply respect each other and live in peace (and no, without vmiklos,
> > > thanks).
> >
> > i cant respect your destroy-all-the-past style, sorry.
>
> I'm not destroying the past.  Also, there is no point in singling me
> out like you constantly do.  I'm not acting alone from out of a void.

who is supporting these removals except u?

> Let's stop arguing and try to find a compromise that is workable for
> both sides.

what about asking/voting before such controversial steps?

[...]
--
Michael

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
right to say it." -- Voltaire