[MPlayer-DOCS] russian translation

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Sun Jul 11 20:12:17 CEST 2004

>I hope, I'll be able to update/continue translation next week :)
>Anyway, feel free to contact me privately, if you have questions.
I started translation of audio.xml and also going to translate mencoder.xml
btw, i use utf-8

>> i'll use kde xml tools (po2xml and xml2pot) to easier translation and update work

>For what? Docs translation has nothing to do with pot->po translation.
>IMHO better use VIM/emacs/mcedit/any_other_plain_text_editor_you_like.
probably, you dont know how docs translation process is organized in KDE.

the most simple way to use po tools:
[s at ip ru]$ cat to
po2xml en/$1.xml po/$1.po > ru/$1.xml
xsltproc --nonet --xinclude --stringparam base.dir ru/build/$1/ --stringparam chunker.output.encoding "KOI8-R" /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.58.1-2/html/chunk.xsl ru/$1.xml

[s at ip ru]$ cat from
xml2pot ../en/$1.xml > po/$1.pot

#when original docs had been updated:
[s at ip ru]$ cat update
msgmerge -U po/$1.po po/$1.pot
#so the sync process is automated and you get abstracted from xml.

--
Nick Shaforostoff
http://program.net.ua
jabber:shafff at jabber.kiev.ua