[MPlayer-DOCS] manpage entries for -v, -verbose, -quiet

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Jan 30 09:28:25 CET 2004

Attila Kinali writes:
 > something i forgot to mention: the manpage
 > entries for -v, -verbose and -quiet should
 > be moved to a general or common options section
 > but there is nothing like this.
 >
 > IMHO we should have one at the beginning
 > right after the keyboard control

Yes, not a bad idea.

But while we are discussing man page structure..  I have something
much more radical in mind: I want to split the man page into mplayer.1
and mencoder.1.  I would have done this long ago, but I do not know
how to best handle the overlap of options between mplayer.1 and
mencoder.1.  We have several possibilities:

1) duplicate everything
2) Put common options in mplayer.1 only.
3) Construct some build system magic that glues together the two man
   pages from different man page snippets.