[MPlayer-DOCS] Problem compiling DOCS

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jan 21 16:43:09 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III writes:
 > On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 08:31:14PM -0300, Diego Biurrun wrote:
 > >  >  distclean:
 > >  > +	rm main.xml
 > >
 > > This should be rm -f, else it will fail if no main.xml is present
 > > (e.g, first build).  Or even better @rm -f main.xml.
 >
 > @ means don't print the command?

yes

 > IMO that should never be used in a makefile. It's an MS-ism and
 > makes it appear that you're trying to maliciously hide something
 > from the user...

I wouldn't quite say it that way, I just prefer the build system to be
a little less verbose.

However, I am open to suggestions.  Torinthiel also said he prefers to
see some of the commands.  But we should settle on some sensible rule
IMO.  Is there some established standard for what to suppress in
(MPlayer) Makefiles?  Or should we simply remove all @?