[MPlayer-DOCS] RFC: mencoder with interlacing/telecine howto (draft 1)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Jan 20 23:35:08 CET 2004

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Corey Hickey writes:
>  > Diff attached, complete current draft at:
>  > http://fatooh.org/files/telecine.txt
>
> Corey, very nice work, now is there some chance that you could
> transform this into XML so we can add it to the MEncoder
> documentation?  If you need some help we will be glad to assist, but I
> will not get to this in the near future.
> Thanks
>
> Diego

Hmm... I don't know XML, but it shouldn't be too hard to emulate what's
already there. I should make a patch against DOCS/xml/en/mencoder.xml,
right?

As far as the structure goes, I think it would work best to append what
I've written to the end of the "Encoding with MEncoder" section, as
shown by adding section 7.12 below.

---------------------------
7. Encoding with MEncoder
    7.11. Making a high quality MPEG4 ("DivX") rip of a DVD movie
        7.11.1. Cropping
        7.11.2. Quality level
        7.11.3. Files over 2GB
        7.11.4. Deinterlacing
        7.11.5. Inverse telecine
        7.11.6. Scaling and aspect ratio
        7.11.7. Summing it up
    7.12. How to deal with telecine and interlacing within NTSC DVDs
        7.12.1. How to tell what type of video you have
        7.12.2. How to encode each type