[MPlayer-DOCS] Italian documentation

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Feb 23 23:31:54 CET 2004

Torinthiel writes:
 > If you could stick to a rule that first line of manpage is
 > .\" synced with 1.xxx
 >
 > and second line of each xml file is
 > <!-- synced with 1.xxx -->
 >
 > It would comply with what is a custom now in documentation, and would be
 > easier to automatically track unsynced files.

That's the way it should be done.

 > > > BTW it may be nice to have, at the beginning of the man page, a list of word
 > > > that we think is better not translate ( stream, streaming , demux and codec
 > > > are the first that come to mind) and a little explanation of what they mean.
 > >
 > > I agree, but I think that this could be a conformity problem with the
 > > man pages translated in the other languages:
 > > perhaps other people in this list (with a better knowledge of the
 > > documentation system - Diego?) can suggest us the right way to do
 > > that...
 >
 > I'm not Diego, but I suggest you should agree on it between yourselves.
 > It's language dependent and there is no place it should go in. And IMHO
 > it should not be visible to end users.

Torinthiel says it all :-)

Decide a good translation and stick to it, it's up to you.

BTW, the Polish translators already have some experience with
translating as a team and it works remarkably well.  IIUC they have
some shared infrastructure, maybe they can help you out with that.

Hmm, Spanish is also translated by two people, dunno how they manage,
though.